AMS is up to 1013 students enrolled, so we need LOTS of volunteers to make all of our events happen. Some volunteer opportunities might require a few hours a month, while others require just an hour or two a year.
Here are some of the ways you can get involved. Unless a different contact is listed below, please contact PTSA President, Stacey Baca, firstname.lastname@example.org, to express your interest!
- Main Office Help – Answer phones, handle people coming into office in mornings. Contact: Mrs. Randall, email@example.com
- Dragon Den – Volunteers Needed ASAP – Staff our “store“ during lunch hours and I & I period. Shifts run during lunches from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Contact: Laila Gutzmann at gutzmannL@gmail.com
- Fundraising – New Committee Forming – We are in need of a GROUP of individuals to raise funds to support PTSA programs and events through fundraising initiatives, grant writing and partnerships like Giant A+ Rewards, Box Tops and more!
- Dining Out Events – Help our Dining Out Chair plan and promote Dining Out events at local restaurants that return a portion of the proceeds to support the AMS PTSA.
- Holiday Dream Shop – Help organize and run holiday shop for students. Students use Dragon Dollars to buy holiday gifts for family.
- Honor Roll Ice Cream Social – Serve students ice cream and goodies that earned honor roll on their report cards. Socials in November, February and May. Contact: Sign up forms will come out in the Blast
- Mardi Gras Dance Committee – Help plan, organize, decorate and chaperone spring dance for all students. Contact: Molly Buell, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dragon Games – Plan and run this end-of-year outdoor celebration for all students. Parents are needed to run games, serve treats and plan the day’s activities.
- Teacher Appreciation Activities – Help plan and set up teacher appreciation events throughout the year, especially during teacher appreciation week (May 6 -10).
- 8th Grade Promotion Events – Committee forming to plan and assist at events for 8th grade promotion day.