- All students entering the 7th grade must provide proof of one Tdap (tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis) vaccine and one MCV (meningococcal) vaccine received after age 11. Please provide a current copy of your child’s vaccination record to the school nurse as soon as possible.
- The Anne Arundel County Department of Health will provide free Tdap and meningococcal vaccine clinics on August 10 and August 17 to help all students entering the seventh grade meet some Maryland State requirements for the 2018-2019 school year.
- For more information, visit https://www.aahealth.org/meningococcal-and-tdap-vaccines-for-students. Alternately, call the Anne Arundel County Department of Health at 410-222-4896.
Dear AMS Families,
We’re so excited to start the new school year — which is right around the corner! We look forward to welcoming back our returning students and their families, and our students and families who are new to the IB experience and AMS. Please know that families are a VERY IMPORTANT part of creating a positive and supportive middle school experience: we need EVERYONE to join and support the PTSA.
Please look for our PTSA table at orientation and back to school events — or join online via the PTSA website. Our resources go right back into our school to support our students and teachers and to help make Annapolis Middle the best that it can be! On behalf of the entire AMS PTSA we thank you, we look forward to meeting you all soon and working with you over this next year!
Annapolis Middle PTSA
2018 marks the “Year of Frederick Douglass” in Maryland, and what better way to celebrate his life than through student voices and creative expression! Anne Arundel County students, grades 4 through 12, are invited to participate in the “Frederick Douglass 200 Creative Arts
Students should submit a creative items that describes how you envision following in his footsteps.
* Create Artwork – Drawing, painting or photography
* Create a Video – Animation, spoken word, or rap, in 3-5 minutes
* Create a Storybook – Written composition with illustrations,
* Create a Textile Object – Such as a quilt or garment
High school, middle school and 4th and 5th grade students (as of September 2018) in all Anne Arundel County Schools are eligible to apply. All creative art competition entries must include a signed Parental Consent Form (see below) and be submitted to art teachers or sent to NACPS, Box 44, Hanover, MD 21076 by September 12, 2018.
Stay Up-to-Date on Your Student’s Progress
ParentCONNECTxp (PCxp) is an easy-to-use tool for tracking student progress that will allow you to take an even more active role in your child’s education. Parents and guardians of grades 1-12 students can log onto the secure ParentCONNECTxp website to access their child’s grades and attendance. Click here to access the ParentCONNECTxp homepage and set up your account.