Volunteers Needed for Our 3rd Annual Mardi Gras Dance
This is such a special night for our AMS students! We are in need of volunteers to help plan the event, decorate, manage the food tables, and clean up after the dance. If you are interested in helping, please contact Molly Buell at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Mardi Gras Dance is for all AMS students. A DJ has been reserved for this event. Stay tuned for more details!
AMS is up to 1013 students enrolled, so we need LOTS of volunteers to make all of our events happen. Some volunteer opportunities might require a few hours a month, while others require just an hour or two a year.
Here are some of the ways you can get involved. Unless a different contact is listed below, please contact PTSA President, Stacey Baca, email@example.com, to express your interest!
- Main Office Help – Answer phones, handle people coming into office in mornings. Contact: Mrs. Randall, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dragon Den – Volunteers Needed ASAP – Staff our “store“ during lunch hours and I & I period. Shifts run during lunches from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Contact: Laila Gutzmann at gutzmannL@gmail.com
- Fundraising – New Committee Forming – We are in need of a GROUP of individuals to raise funds to support PTSA programs and events through fundraising initiatives, grant writing and partnerships like Giant A+ Rewards, Box Tops and more!
- Dining Out Events – Help our Dining Out Chair plan and promote Dining Out events at local restaurants that return a portion of the proceeds to support the AMS PTSA.
- Holiday Dream Shop – Help organize and run holiday shop for students. Students use Dragon Dollars to buy holiday gifts for family.
- Honor Roll Ice Cream Social – Serve students ice cream and goodies that earned honor roll on their report cards. Socials in November, February and May. Contact: Sign up forms will come out in the Blast
- Mardi Gras Dance Committee – Help plan, organize, decorate and chaperone spring dance for all students. Contact: Molly Buell, email@example.com
- Dragon Games – Plan and run this end-of-year outdoor celebration for all students. Parents are needed to run games, serve treats and plan the day’s activities.
- Teacher Appreciation Activities – Help plan and set up teacher appreciation events throughout the year, especially during teacher appreciation week (May 6 -10).
- 8th Grade Promotion Events – Committee forming to plan and assist at events for 8th grade promotion day.
The Literacy Committee held its first Literacy Lounge on Wednesday, September 27th. We would like to thank the Giant of Bayridge and the Safeway on Forest Drive for their generous donations to the event. Please thank the managers for supporting our students if you happen to stop by!
We will host a themed literacy event once a month during lunches. These are advertised during the morning announcements and through Language & Literature class. Next month’s theme is scary stories. We hope your teens sign up to join us!