Although we have not reached our PTSA fundraising goal–YET–we are still moving forward with two fun events for our students: Movie Night and the Dragon Dream Shop. You can get the details on both events below. We will be in touch about our plans to continue the fundraiser in advance of our next “no uniform day.
October 25, 2016
Thank you to EVERYONE that ordered spirit wear! We sold over 100 pieces total! They are set to arrive at AMS on Monday, November 7th. There will be at least 1 great thing after the election – your spirit wear will be delivered to you!
For those of you that ordered, I will be contacting you soon to find out your student’s name and Caring Community teacher. Did you miss the order deadline? Don’t worry! PTSA has ordered a limited quantity of sweatshirts that will be available for purchase later in November.
Last, our November meeting is coming soon – Thursday, November 3rd at 6:30 p.m., in the Conference Room. I hope to see you all there.
October 11, 2016
At our PTSA meeting last Thursday, we:
- Passed our 2016-2017 Budget to include funding for Dragon Den, Dragon Games, Honor Roll Ice Cream Socials, enrichment grants, classroom support, two dances, movie nights and teacher appreciation activities.
- We discussed our fall fundraiser – the Pen and Paper. For a simple $30 donation, we will offer your student 3 no uniform days, to be announced to time with the Honor Roll Ice Cream dates.
- Elected a Secretary – welcome Susan!
- And gave information about the Annapolis redistricting plans, advocacy to secure a/c for AMS, new spirit wear and the new school start times for the 2017-2018 year.
Thank you to those that came out for the meeting and emailed me for more information. I am happy to give information or dig it out if I don’t know.
See you at our next meeting, November 3rd.
Sept 11, 2016
Please join us at our October meeting this Thursday, October 6, at 6:30 p.m. in the Conference Room, past the Main Office to the left. At our last meeting, we had a great introduction to Mr. McElhaney. This time we will “introduce” you to our big plans this year – dances, movie nights, expanded Dragon Den and Dragon Dreamshop and an even bigger Dragon Games!
All of these great things need 2 things to happen:
1. Participation in our fundraiser, the Paper & Pen
2. Volunteers! We need parents that can help plan, purchase supplies, advertise and work these events. These are not full year commitments, usually just a few hours before and during will do it.
See you Thursday night! Parking might be tight as Thursday is also IB Magnet Information Night for area 5th graders