The Annapolis Middle School Parent Teacher Student Association advocates for our school and helps to provide our students and teachers with the resources and enrichment activities they need to excel. We encourage you to join us as we work to make Annapolis Middle the best school it can be!
Annapolis Middle will host its first annual Family Literacy Night on Wednesday, November 28 from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. Look for the bright pink flyer students received at school with more details about the event. There will be crafts, games, prizes, and free dinner for all! The Scholastic Book Fair will be open in the Media Center for families who wish to shop.
This is a free event! Please RSVP by detaching the lower part of the flyer and returning it to school with your student no later than Monday, November 19th. We look forward to celebrating National Family Literacy month with you!
To Make Literacy Night a Success, Donations and Volunteers Are Needed!!!
We are looking for parent volunteers to help the teachers running story, yoga, craft, and literary games stations from 5:30 to 7 p.m. We are also looking for parents to help out by bringing food for our literary community dinner at 7 p.m.
PLEASE SIGN UP TO HELP AT:
Family Literacy – Signup Genius Site
From Domenick Chiddo, IB MYP Coordinator at Annapolis Middle School:
As an IB school, Annapolis Middle School participates in a 5-year review process conducted through the International Baccalaureate Organization. As part of this process, we are seeking feedback from the families of our students. At this time, there are two ways in which you can provide input:
(1) Respond to a short “self-study” survey about the implementation of the IB program at AMS. Click here to access the survey.
(2) Provide comments as we revise school policy documents. The IB organization requires us to have four school policy statements, developed in partnership with Annapolis High School, on the following topics: Academic Honesty, Assessment, Inclusion, and Language. The following link provides access to a folder containing documents related to each of these policies, including our existing policy documents as well as feedback forms that can be filled out for each policy. Feel free to comment on any or all of these documents: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cHfalCfOH_zwwm8yUpy9ZmAjBT7bec9Z
If you can help us in this process, please respond using the forms linked above between now and Saturday, November 24, 2018. Your feedback will help us continue to improve our program. We appreciate your participation!
For those who donated to the PTSA Fundraiser, this Friday is a “no uniform day.” Participating students will receive a wristband on Thursday.
Please keep in mind that although it is a no uniform day, AACPS dress code does apply. Student dress:
- Cannot show profanity, obscenity, violence, or symbols of hate
- Cannot promote alcohol, tobacco, or drugs
- Cannot promote gang colors or gang-related signs
- Cannot show underwear
- Cannot show bare skin between upper chest and mid thigh.
*** Also, hoodies are not permitted.
Order at ams.signatureteamwear.com from November 12 to 16
Our first spirit wear sale was a success, so we are opening our online store again this week. The weather is cooling off, so it’s time to buy that AMS fleece or sweatshirt! Items come in a range of sizes and all items (except the t-shirt) may be worn as part of the uniform. The t-shirt may be worn on 2-hour early dismissal days.
Ordered items will be delivered to your student in school before the start of Christmas/Winter Break. If you have questions, contact Molly Buell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The PTSA has scheduled a Dining Out on Thursday, November 29 to raise money to support our students, teachers, and PTSA events! We’re excited to host this Dining Out event of the year at the Annapolis Chick-fil-A. The PTSA will receive a portion of the revenue generated by anyone mentioning our fundraising event. Just tell the cashier you are there for the fundraiser. The AMS PTSA will receive 15% of the sales if our sales are less than $500. If we bring in over $500 we get 20% of the sales. Event flyer to come soon!